We are now offering Nutrition Services provided by Fran Taylor from The Brighton Nutritionist at the clinic, in your own home or at another suitable location.
Fran is highly experienced, having worked both privately and in public health funded nutrition roles across West Sussex.
Fad free, no nonsense nutritional advice. Based on scientific evidence, Fran uses the power of eating well to improve your health or aid injury recovery.
She can help you feel better and look better through a personalised nutrition plan which gives you easy and practical ways to fine tune your diet in a way that works for you and where you are at in your life.
The food we eat gives our bodies the “information” and materials they need to function properly. In short, what we eat is central to our health. If we don’t get the right information, our metabolic processes suffer and our health and ability to recover from injuries is impaired. Eating the right food in the right amounts is vital in helping to prevent, manage or treat disease and injury.
Fran knows that just giving you the information and education to improve your diet is not enough. Sometime life gets in the way of us making changes and it’s easy to fall back into old habits. She ensures that you have both the knowledge and support to put this advice into practice through enabling you to make easy changes to your habits and behaviours.
Fran Taylor is a qualified (BSc Human Nutrition) and registered nutritionist (PHRNut), with many years experience in Public Health working with a wide range of health and injury problems. She has also worked extensively as a Wellbeing Coach which gives the ability to look at the whole picture not just diet.
Her approach is to give you a personal nutrition plan which is tailored to your specific needs and goals. Applying the most up to date scientific based evidence, cutting through the minefield of unsupported and downright flaky information the internet can throw at you.
Helping you to:
- Reach or maintain a healthy weight
- Eat right to aid injury recovery
- Manage ongoing health conditions through personal nutrition plans including:
- Type 2 diabetes
- Cardio-vascular health
- Digestive diseases and disorders
- Eat well through the menopause
What happens in a session?
Each session is one-to-one and can take place at the Kemptown clinic, in the comfort of your own home or wherever suits you best.
The key to Fran’s approach is getting the balance back into eating healthily. Faddy diets and strict, hard to follow eating plans do not work long term. By focusing on nutrition and allowing yourself foods that you enjoy results in a lifestyle change that will last, support your health and help prevent further injury
The programme is unique to you
They directly address the things that get in the way of eating well.
- Helping you increase your motivation and confidence to make lasting change
- Analysing what you eat through food diaries and menu planning
- Providing the right information on what you should eat to aid injury recovery and pre and post exercise
- Identifying triggers and habits that lead to over-eating
- Practical tips and support, such as looking in your cupboards, label reading and handy portion control ideas
- Debunking the confusing and conflicting weight loss/gain claims we hear daily
- Providing the right information and advice on what is healthy eating (this means info that suits you and your budget)
- Ways to tackle emotional eating
It really does depend on what you want and what you need in order to really help you back to full health and improve injury recovery time.